PRINCESS BRITTANY MAKEUP

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Rimmel London's MAGNIFY'EYES SHADOW Palette: Review

I love that drugstore companies ie: Revlon, Maybelline,etc have started making full on palettes. But, in my opinion they are too expensive and of sub par quality. I've tried them and all and haven't really liked any of them. Wet n Wild remains a favorite with their smaller palettes that are excellent quality, amazing pigmentation... they actually rival their high end counter parts. And NYX is a long time favorite and has always been consistent with their eye shadows. But Revlon, Maybelline, L'Oreal. and Covergirl really shocked me. Covergirl just released something new that looks promising! I'll be checking it out 😜
But Rimmel... BAM! These new 12 pan highly pigmented, smooth, very good quality palettes blew me away! My only gripe is they need to come out with more palettes... more color! I've warn these shadows on four different occasions so I have a pretty good barometer of how they work. I've used the darker shadows as liner and the bluish grey in the middle as a light wash of color during the day and they lasted a full day. Got home and it looked just as it did when I applied it more than 7 hours prior. I've done full smoky eye looks in different variations out at night and it stood up all night with no fading. I did use an eye primer, I never wear eye shadow without a primer.

The shadows swatch well and apply to the eye with equal intensity. I can honestly say that each and every shadow is rich in pigment and performance. If I were to nit pick the 2 near the middle (to the right of the bluish one) look very similar on the eye. One is a dark grey and one is kind of khaki army green. They are a little indistinguishable when applied. But if that's the only real complaint from a 12 pan palette that you can get for $7.99 I think that's pretty awesome. I see me getting a lot of use out of this one. That's what you want when you spend your money on something. No matter the price. DEFINITELY Princess Brittany approved! 💋💃

                                                              (swatches below)



2 comments:

  1. If its that good and that price i need to get a few! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! They really are awesome. You will love it

    ReplyDelete